Vanilla Ice Cream with Natura Wild Berries Jam
Rui Ribeiro is the author of the blog “Faz e Come”, ”, a blog filled with delicious recipes for the food lovers to put in practice and create dishes capable of surprising friends and family, like this yummy and refreshing vanilla ice cream with Natura Wild Berries Jam.
PREPARATION: 40 MINTOTAL: 4 H
- In a bowl, put 100 ml of milk, the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch. With the hand blender, blend everything really well and set it aside.
- In a pan heat the remaining milk with vanilla pod, previously opened and scraped. Stir continuously until it starts boiling.
Blend the boiled milk in the mix of the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch and then take it again to heat until and keep stirring the mix it starts to get thick.
- Turn off the heat and place the cream in a large recipient, smoothing the surface really well. Cover it with plastic wrap and take it to the fridge for about 3 hours to get completely chilled.
- While the cream cools down, in a bowl whisk the cream until they get a consistent look and then add the mix already cold.
- In a recipient lined with greaseproof paper, place half of the mix. On the top of it, place some generous spoons of the Natura Wild Berries Jam and cover it the remaining mix. Cover it with plastic wrap and take it to the freezer.
- From 30 in 30 minutes, with the help of spatula, keep stirring to avoid the formation of ice crystals on the first 3 hours. After that time let it freeze completely. Take the ice cream of the freezer 5 minutes before serving and add your favourite toppings like nuts, fresh fruits or more jam.