Rolled Sponge Cake with Raspberry Jam Filling
PREPARATION: 20 MINTOTAL: 50 MIN
- Pre-heat the oven at 180º degrees. Start by separating the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whip the egg whites until they get stiff. After it, whip the egg yolks with the sugar.
- In the yolk mixture, add the flour and baking powder and whip again. Gently add the egg whites, without whipping.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and, if necessary, spread some butter in it.
- Spread the dough equally over the tray. Take it to the oven for 15 minutes or until it seems cooked.
- Place the cake over a kitchen cloth sprinkled with sugar. Fill the sponge cake with raspberry jam and with the help of the cloth and roll it. After the sponge cake is rolled, place it on a serving tray and it’s ready to be savored.