Ricotta and Pear Jam Mousse With Almond Praline
Ana is the author of the blog “Amendoeira em Flor”., a lovely girl from Algarve that moved to Rome. With her you will find out that tasty food doesn’t have to be complicated to cook, as this delicious Ricotta and Rocha Pear with Port Wine Jam Mousse and Almond Praline.
PREPARATION: 30 MINTOTAL: 3 H
- Whip the ricotta until it is smooth, then add the heavy cream and whip until the mixture reaches a stiff consistency. Fold in the mixture 4 heaped tablespoons of Rocha Pear and Port Wine Jam.
- Put the gelatin sheets in cold water until they are softened and then dilute them in a small quantity of hot water. This time fold in the gelatin mix (make sure you do it well to avoid a lumpy mousse) and let the mousse sit in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
Switch the oven on to 180ºC, toast the almonds with skins and once they are ready just let them cool at room temperature (remove them from the hot baking tray if you want to avoid that they get even more brown).
- In a non-stick pan, add the 5 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of water and let it caramelize in medium heat moving the pan around to avoid the caramel to cook unevenly and to get burnt.
- Once the caramel reaches a gold brown color just mix in the toasted almonds and pour the praline in cold surface covered with a baking sheet to let it cool. Once the praline is ready cut in pieces and with the help of a pestle and mortar just reduce it to small pieces.
- Serve the Pear and Ricotta Mousse with layers of the praline topping on a nice and funky glass.