Hazelnut and Lemon Cake with Strawberries
Joana is the author of the blog “Prazer a Cozinhar”. If you are fan of healthy recipes but equally delicious, you are going to love Joana suggestions, as this amazing recipe of Hazelnut and Lemon Cake with Strawberries.
PREPARATION: 30 MINTOTAL: 1 H
- Pre-heat the oven at 180º. Next, place the hazelnuts in the oven for 5-7 minutes and passed that time, take them out of the oven and remove the peel so that you can grind them.
- Mix the butter (melted), the quark cheese, the ground hazelnuts, the eggs, the golden syrup, the sugar and the lemon zest in the food mixer.
Add the flour and the baking powder in the mixing. Next, place the mixing into two greased and lined with greaseproof paper baking trays. Take them to the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool before cutting the top of the cakes. While cooling, prepare the cake frosting by whipping the cream.
- After whipped, add the cheese and whip it for a few minutes. Add the Strawberry with Peppermint Jam to the cake frosting and gently involve.
- Place one cake on a plate and cover it with the frosting. Place the second cake over the first and repeat the process. Finish with some strawberries on the top and if you desire, some powdered sugar.