Codfish Baked in Olive Oil with Poached Egg Smashed in the Potatos and Smoked Ham Paiola
We've been preparing some very special recipes for you to taste our products in the most delicious ways
PREPARATION: 10 MINTOTAL: 15 MIN
- Cut the codfish into pieces of 120 g. To desalt the cod, put it in ice water, with the skin side up in the refrigerator. Depending on the thickness of the cod, the soaking time may vary between 1 to 3 days. The water should be changed three times a day.
- Once soaked, boil the cod covered in olive oil with a clove of crushed garlic, a bay leaf, orange peel, lemon peel, thyme and Rosemary. The olive oil should not pass up to 80° degrees. You can cook the cod in the oven or over a very gentle heat. To prepare the poached eggs, bring to boil water with a little vinegar and let it start to slightly boil. Open the eggs and place each one in a glass. Carefully place the eggs, one by one, into the water. If necessary, with the help of a spoon, gently push the egg white to cover the egg yolk.
- Cook until the egg is completely white but the yolk is still liquid inside. Remove the eggs and keep them hot until blended with the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes with skin on it, in water with salt, olive oil, a clove of crushed garlic and a bay leaf. Take the skin off the potatoes (if they are too hot hold them with the help of a fork) and smash them.
- In a fry pan add some olive oil, the potatoes and add the poached eggs with the smoked ham sliced very thinly. Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper. Place it on a plate with the cod. Serve immediately.