Carob Bread with Figs and Walnuts
Joana is the author of the blog “Prazer a Cozinhar”. If you are a fan of heathy and delicious recipes, then you will love Joana’s suggestions, as this irresistible Carob bread with figs and walnuts, spread with Fig and Walnut jam.
PREPARATION 15 MINTOTAL: 1 H
- Start by pre-heating the oven at 170º. Next, line with greaseproof paper an English cake tin. In a bowl, mix the flours, salt, sodium bicarbonate and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix the quark cheese, milk, lemon zest and only in the end the molasses.
- Little by little, start adding this mixture (liquids) to the other bowl with the dry ingredients. Gently involve. The dough will seem thick. Add the dried figs and walnuts, previously chopped, and add them into the dough.
- Place the dough in the form, without smoothing the top, and take it to the oven for about 45/60 minutes
- After cooked, place the cake in a serving plate and let it cool completely before slicing it. Take a slice and spread generous amounts of fig and walnut jam.